SAP S/4HANA implementation
SAP are always looking for ways to enable businesses to run simple. This fourth generation business suite, is an integrated advanced in-memory product platform that brings together modern designs with a complete user experience. SAP S/4HANA delivers a simplified platform (customer adoption, data model, model experience, user experience, decision making, business processes) and innovations (internet of things, big data, business networks), to help business to run more simply in an ever changing digital world.
To run a successful SAP S/4HANA implemented platform, it is useful to understand everything you need to know about the system. There are three main factors that should be considered before implementing SAP S/4HANA:
- Implementation Model
Other things to consider if S/4HANA is the right product and platform for you business it would be best to consider the following:
- On-Premise: The more traditional approach – This is where the organisation takes charge of deployment. The benefit to this is that the business is in complete control of how the platform and business is developed.
- Cloud Deployment: This option involves a full deployment in the SAP Cloud (appealing in terms of cost), however, due to this being privately deployed onto SAP’s Cloud it is therefore managed by SAP.
- Hybrid: This is a fusion of both techniques.
- Immediate: You can empower your business users with live information from across your operations, enabling you to act in the moment and respond quickly to change your conditions/environments.
- Intelligent: Abaco and SAP can help you to move beyond automation to contextual, role-based suggestion and autonomy. This will help you to improve your productivity, whilst supporting informed decision-making process.
- Integrated: A great benefit to SAP S/4HANA is the integrated system that connects workflows across every part of your enterprise and your entire value chain to increase productivity, improve collaboration, and drive innovation.
You can digitalise your finance processing, whilst understanding your financial performance in in real-time to improve the effectiveness of financial processing – from planning to analysis to period end close and treasury management. We will also enable you to take control of your supply chain – increase your visibility across the digital supply chain and utilise machine learning for logistics, manufacturing and asset management. Stay ahead of your procurement needs, manage product lifestyles effectively, achieve insights across your business and develop industry-specific functionality.
Whilst there are many benefits to how SAP S/4HANA can transform your business, there are a few challenges to integrating the process.
The main challenge is that the innovative technology may be above and beyond your training/the technology you previously have. Abaco have over-come this challenge with many companies by having consultants available 24/7 to meet your business needs. As a company we are on-hand to ensure that this challenge is no longer an issue for you implementation process.
A second challenge to consider is that of strategy. A clear strategy should be defined before purchasing the product – this must be aligned with your business needs and strategy. There are three scenarios on moving towards SAP S/4HANA.
- New Implementation: That does not have SAP ERP core, or are looking for a re-implementation SAP core solution.
- System Conversion: There is no upgrade to get the s/4HANA platform.
- Landscape Transformation: This could include the migration of selected applications or system consolidation.
Abaco Consulting will ensure a successful SAP S/4HANA implementation.