How to adapt CRM to your sales team?


CRM sales team

In the recent past, companies have looked inward a lot for their operational efficiency – where ERP and MRP came from. With evolution and globalization, companies began to feel the opposite need, to look outside, for their relationship with the customer – where the CRM came from, which eventually turned into a Customer Experience.

Customer Experience in B2B companies

In most B2B companies, it is almost unavoidable that the company’s front end with the customer is the seller. The main thing to keep in mind in this whole process is that for many segments, construction and business execution capacity was essentially based on physical and face-to-face contact with the customer. For example, Industria Alimentar, which serves the HORECA channel: visit the customer at its premises, lean against the counter, talk to the owner of the company, place the order and go to the next customer. In B2B, the process is quite different: holding meetings with customers, survey meetings, discussion meetings, and proposal presentations. Overnight, due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we are no longer able to do this type of personal interaction. This has two sides: in the first, we gain brutal time in travel. When we analyze the digital perspective, there is still another great challenge, that of the organization.

CRM is an unavoidable topic, which has become a great need for all companies. But the great challenge of making CRM active in any company is not the technical part of its implementation. In fact, this is often the simplest part of the process. The big challenge and question is to make the salesperson adopt CRM as his work tool.

This great challenge is directly related to the usability of the system. For example, in projects for implementing SAP Sales Cloud in companies of different sectors and dimensions, the big question is the fact of making the salesperson use it. He will only use the tool if:

1 – is intuitive
2 – is useful
3 – do not disturb your day-to-day


How do we visualize this within the SAP Sales Cloud?

Using the best of SAP throughout its history, which is exactly the notion that:

1 – Everything goes through the backoffice;
2 – The ability of Analytics.

CRM sales team

Then, as useful information is made available to the seller, for example, simplified and fast navigation through dashboards that allow the exploration of information and data in the system without many clicks and in an intuitive way, the adhesion on the part of the same begins to increase. Through features of the CRM system such as automation, workflows, notifications must be compatible with use on any device – mobility is essential, salespeople will necessarily start using this tool.

If we think of CRM as an ERP implementation, there is a 95% probability of being unsuccessful; the remaining 5% is luck. Because? Because the behavior of the average salesperson worldwide, regardless of the segment, is based on very similar assumptions.

When viewing a business opportunity in the SAP Sales Cloud, a pre-filled checklist is made available to the salesperson, with indications of the next steps in the sales process.

Of course, an experienced salesperson already knows what to do in an opportunity, but any sales structure, in any company, is divided into 3 major groups:

1 – the group with a high level of sales performance, called “Eagles”, which correspond, typically, to 10% of the sales force. In a company with 10 salespeople, 1 of them will be an “Eagle”. They do not need follow-up.

2 – the group that needs a lot of monitoring, because there will typically be a lot of problems with this group, which normally corresponds to 15/20% of the sales teams. This group needs an opportunity to improve its performance or it will have to be replaced.

3 – the middle group corresponds to 70/80% of the sales team.


What happens after a CRM implementation? The middle group, corresponding to 70% of the sales team, is instrumental in increasing its performance per unit of time, which is the best sales productivity metric. Make the time of the seller, which is the most scarce asset, to be better used. CRM has to be designed and implemented according to this group of salespeople. Automation, simplicity of use, integration of tools is essential when you are going to do a CRM and mobility project, so that the seller is not dependent on a device or connection – you must have the freedom to carry out your day-to-day activities on the computer or mobile devices, connected or disconnected.

CRM sales team

Did you like this article? Share it with your contacts!

Let's solve your business challenges together!

    Related Posts

    Leave a comment

    This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.