Centralized Payment Operations
Finance leaders are constantly challenged in running enterprise-wide payment processes. They need to increase overall transparency, reduce the risk of fraud, and increase operational efficiency. Multiple payment channels, inconsistent standards, and lack of integrated processes continue to drag treasury operations down with unnecessary burdens. What if the treasurers had a solution to consolidate payments from various sources, got end-to-end visibility of every payment, and could manage the overall process by exception? SAP has delivered a significant number of innovations in its SAP S/4HANA solutions for payments and bank communications which can streamline your cash operations and provide a single platform.
These innovations can:
- Consolidate payments from all sources within your company through a single channel
- Deliver benefits from tight integration into Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables as well as other financial processes
- Run automated processing of payments with rules-based message formatting, workflow, routing, and exception management
- Integrate with other treasury processes such as bank account management, cash position, cash flow forecasting, and in-house banking
- Detect fraud activities through duplicate checks as well as by referencing against a centrally managed sanctioned-party list
- Track all payments through audit trail and drill-downs including user-friendly graphical flow representation
- Transmit payment messages to your banks and monitor statuses which can also include SWIFT GPI
- Scale your business operations without significant investment into new payment technology resources
- Increase matching rate of incoming bank statements with AI technology
- Reduce replication of bank master data and processes in multiple systems
- Support embedded bank connectivity services to connect to your bank, payment service providers, and the SWIFT Network
- Prepare your enterprise for advancements in API-based corporate to bank communications
The future of corporate payments will be based on seamlessly integrated functions. A patchwork of systems to manage payments may sound like a quick fix but it is shortsighted.
Centralized straight-through processing of payments in an integrated finance ecosystem is a critical component of “lights out” finance of the future. As companies are transforming their financial operations through digitalization, they should also consider unlocking the potential of new innovations delivered on SAP S/4HANA. Only SAP Payments and Bank Connectivity solutions can deliver the most value from your SAP S/4HANA investments.