SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting is SAP’s answer to the changing world of financial consolidation. With our new solution, you have greater transparency and auditability as you can drill down from group reporting into the line items of individual entities. This provides you with a detailed view of local accounting to support analysis and decision-making. For external reporting, the solution supports data lineage and auditability as you can drill down from group reporting to line items.
The solution automates key processes such as currency translation, consolidation calculations, and cash flow reporting. As consolidations run on real-time transactional data, your accounting and finance teams have more time to help steer the business and make better decisions in less time. In addition, total cost of ownership is reduced due to the simplified technology.
Thanks to the single universal journal in SAP S/4HANA Finance, you have a single source of truth for financial and management accounting data. This eliminates the effort of manually transferring data to a central group reporting system and reduces the risk of errors.
By removing data replications and redundancies, the system considerably simplifies processes. It also eliminates the need for reconciliation between your ERP and consolidation systems.
SAP S/4HANA Finance for group reporting enables you to:
- Combine your financial and management accounting data and transactional detail into a single source of truth.
- Use a single, unified data model to simplify processes, increase productivity, and reduce risk.
- Unify entity and group close and reduce maintenance of multiple versions of master data.
- Close the books quickly with high confidence in the accuracy and completeness of results.
- Analyze financial data on the fly at different levels of granularity.